Stepping back.....

Too frequently conflict with others or within ourselves comes from being too close, too involved, in a situation or event. 'Stepping back' from the situation can often reveal aspects not otherwise considered or seen.

Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

An ear for all my friends who don't have any.

Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm the Decider! But who is really pulling the strings?

Bush: `I'm the decision-maker' on Iraq
By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer
Yahoo News, 01/26/07
WASHINGTON -

President Bush, on a collision course with Congress over Iraq, said Friday "I'm the decision-maker" about sending more troops to the war. He challenged skeptical
lawmakers not to prematurely condemn his plan.

"I've picked the plan that I think is most likely to succeed," Bush said in an Oval Office
meeting with senior military advisers.

Bush said .... that he chose a strategy that he and his advisers thought would help turn
the tide in Iraq."
_______________________________________________

Something is very wrong here. Why does a President of The United
States think that he has to keep telling the American public that
HE is the Decider, that HE chose..., that HE is the decision-maker?
Why is that necessary?
'Me thinks he doth protest too much.'

Its almost like he isn't sure but if he says it enough times, he
will convince himself that he IS the decision maker.

Well, I'm not convinced.

I'm not convinced that his military advisers have helped him to
make decisions, I think someone else is pulling the strings here
and is leading Bush into decisions (by suggestion and by eliminating
other possibilities) and then convincing Bush that he, Bush, has
made the decisions all by himself and is, in fact, right because
he is the President.

I don't think Bush has the actual acumen to know what to do, in
military or in political situations. I think Bush is susceptible
to the power of suggestion more than any consumer who sits enthralled
in front of a television set watching the newest commercials.
"WOW! Look at that! Look at what it can do! I need one of those!"
(I have actually witnessed such a person do this. With a frickin'
kitchen mop! Aaaarrrggghhhh!)

Even Bush's wife isn't always sure why Bush does some things,
obviously she's not running the country and just as obviously,
Bush isn't either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home