Stepping back.....

Too frequently conflict with others or within ourselves comes from being too close, too involved, in a situation or event. 'Stepping back' from the situation can often reveal aspects not otherwise considered or seen.

Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

An ear for all my friends who don't have any.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Search engines-who pays the most?

Since starting this blog thing, occasionally I go to
the Google search page and enter the title of a blog
I have posted. The 'search' can be a copy/paste of the
title, but when Google gets through searching, about
80 or 100 sites are listed that have varying degrees
of relatedness BEFORE my blog listing shows up!

What is this?

Why are all of these sites listed first? Some don't
really even relate. If an important person's name
(read that 'in the news,' in 'politics,' in the
entertainment field, in any current event)
is the same as one of the words in the search request,
that link will show before a direct quote request!

I guess they are paying for that position on the
page of links, hmmmm?

How much does it cost to be the number 15 listed link?
The number 35 listed link? Don't even think of going
for Number 1, 2 or 3, way out of my price range!

I know, this is just a blog. However, I have also
noted this same occurance when searching for other
phrases. My request never comes out as the first
listed link. Who needs to search the searches?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home