Stepping back.....

Too frequently conflict with others or within ourselves comes from being too close, too involved, in a situation or event. 'Stepping back' from the situation can often reveal aspects not otherwise considered or seen.

Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

An ear for all my friends who don't have any.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The GREATEST Show On Earth!

The circus?
No.
The United States.

Can you imagine what the rest of the world
must be thinking as they read our headlines
or see us on television.

I'm reminded of a song from the movie "GYPSY"
that goes something like:

"Let me - entertain you,
Let me - make you smile,

Let me do some old tricks,
And then I'll do some new tricks,

I'm very ver-sa-tile."
and then,

"This is my country, Land that I love!!!!"
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.
And I do, love this country. It is the best situation
comedy on the planet.

Some senators want guarantees from Ms. Miers.
Actually, that isn't correct. They don't want
a judge, what they want is Ms. Miers on the bench with
strings leading to their office so that they can
tell her when to jump and how high.

And these people "represent" the entire population
of a state? Oh woe is that state.

Term limits is looking better and better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home